Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3

Day 3
This is not a beautiful photo. Let's get that out of the way.


When I decided to do this 365 project, I knew that I would need to take inspiration wherever I could find it. It turns out that my cousin is also doing a photo-a-day project, although she has only committed to a month, and she is using a set of prompts. Day 1 was "resolution", Day 2 was "street", and Day 3 is "lunch". 


Under normal circumstances, I would only photograph my food if it were particularly beautiful, or looked like buttholes. Because we all remember Ptomaine Wednesday and that got OLD and I am not a food photographer.
But.
Despite its modest appearance, this is a special lunch. 
This year for Christmas, my husband's grandmother gave me (among other things) a cardboard box full of canned ingredients for "Terry's Taco Soup", with a hand-written recipe card and in true Grandma fashion, a five dollar bill to buy the ground beef, cheddar cheese and sour cream that would have spoiled under the tree.
It was one of my favorite gifts. I made the soup last week and brought leftovers for lunch today. It tastes much better than it looks.

2 comments: