Monday, April 4, 2011

Shame on Mio.

The other day one of my facebook friends, a relative actually, pondered her self-sabotage along these lines: "Why, when I am constantly saying I want to simplify, simplify, simplify, do I find my life becoming more complicated?"

I wonder the same thing. A week or so ago, as I made my grocery list, I tried to keep whole, "real" foods in mind- sugar rather than artificial sweeteners, dairy rather than non-dairy, fresh rather than from concentrate. As I walked through the doors of grocery store, into the "Aisle of Values", I reminded myself to buy things that might take longer to prepare, but would be better choices for me and my family.
As I walked past the Mio, I put two bottles into the cart. Mio is 100% pure artificial sweetener and color, to be expressed into water. Mio very well could have been on the bottom of Clark Griswold's aluminum sled-dish. Evan as I pushed my cart away from the Mio, I realized that Mio is the opposite of food, and I did not put it back.
In case you are wondering, I bought red Mio, which my daughter picked- I think it's fruit punch, and peach-mango which is orange. I think they taste terrible, my kid is really amazed that you don't even have to stir the drops into the water- it magically makes an even solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment