Monday, June 25, 2007

Bittersweep


Mitch Canham has likely played his last game for OSU. He made it a doozy- he went 2 for 4 and had a couple great plays at the plate...oh, and the Beavs are NCAA Champs for the second year in a row. They went undefeated in the tournament.
I am really happy for the Beavs, but sad about Canham. He has been drafted by the Padres, and even though he could come back and play his Senior year in Corvallis, he probably won't. There is a chance he could play A ball in Eugene for the Ems on his way to the bigs- but the Ems aren't on TV. Now I am left to wait for Mitch to get to the show... and I can only hope he plays in the AL. Until then, our romance will probably cool off a little- and by "romance" I mean "me blogging about him", which is too bad, because an incredible thing happened last week. People came to my blog! Somehow, they searched for Mitch Canham, and they got here.
I'm almost certain they were sorely disappointed by what they found. Especially if they googled "beaver pictures".

2 comments:

  1. Lol. The same thing happened to us when we blogged about Mitch. He's dating my cousin, so we took some photos at one of his games about a month ago. When he was drafted , we posted the photos because we were happy for him and suddenly our blog was flooded with visitors. Funny how things happen. Anyway, He's a good guy and we're happy for him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully your cousin has a good sense of humor! (and hopefully I didn't steal one of your photos....)

    ReplyDelete