Saturday, June 23, 2007

I ask Jobu to come


One of the fun things about baseball is voodoo. Some may call it superstition, or ritual, or whatever... but it works like this:
If something works for you, don't change it. If you don't know what it is that is working for you, don't change anything.
Did you see what my boyfriend did on Wednesday? He tore. it. up. as the Beavs dominated the UC Irvine Anteaters on their way to the CWS final series.
Here's where the voodoo comes in. Although the Beavs crushed Arizona State on Monday to get to UCI, Mitch was...quiet at the plate. Then I told the world about our relationship on Wednesday... and he had an incredible game- he went 4 for 5 with one HR and all kinds of RBI.
I don't want to detract from Mitch's talent. I am not so vain as to think that he stepped his game up just because I blogged about him. However, voodoo being what it is, I made damn sure to get a Mitch post in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment