Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My new favorite word


Amy Winehouse fascinates me. I want to bring her home, give her half a dozen cheeseburgers and a shower, and just listen to her talk about anything. I also wanna get a good look at those tattoos and see what's under that wig. My guess is it isn't pretty- the junk does nasty things to one's scalp and hair.


I also want to thank her for introducing me to my new favorite word- fuckery. As in, "What kind of fuckery is this?"


I don't know if she coined it, or if it's a British term, but I love it. I love it because it adds a new dimension to "fucker", which I also enjoy. I reserve the term for occasions when those dear to me cause me aggravation or otherwise inconvenience me- I only ever use it in mock anger. The dogs are fat fuckers, or fat lazy fuckers if I'm in a hurry and they aren't. I've been known to call annoying kids little fuckers under my breath. We had a cat once, and it was a noisy fucker.


I use it sparingly- I have probably used up this years' allotment on this post- so that it retains its power. Also, it's a funny word. My husband chuckles a little every time he hears me say it.


Amy took fucker to a whole new level by adding the morpheme -y. It's the only word on the whole Back to Black cd that she enunciates. She sings it loud and proud, slow, clear, and just a little staccato to make her point. I smile every time I hear it.

1 comment:

  1. I fucking love Amy Winehouse. That's interesting. Tell your boyfriend to get his own weed.

    ReplyDelete