Monday, March 29, 2010

Hiatus Off!

I took an unintentional blogging break. I spent the first part of my break at my parents' house, then we went camping in Newport for a few days, and then I just couldn't get back in the groove. Now that I am back to work- real life, I guess you could say- It doesn't seem like such a chore to sit down and put a thought together.

I've also been faced with an impending computer snafu. My trusty computer has (I think) a failing power supply unit- the fan runs a lot, it cycles on and off and gets pretty loud, and occasionally the computer just takes a little break, especially if it has been running programs with a lot of animation, like Webkinz.

Fortunately, my father gave me his computer, which is the very same model as mine, we bought them together. So now I have a computer to set up in my daughter's room. But which one? Since I use my computer (really) for work, it's critical that it work, all the time, so I should get the new one. (Did I mention that Dad's computer still has the fresh-from-the factory pop ups? It's practically mint-in-the box) So I am left with the tasks of transferring files and/or setting up a home network so that I can share files and frankly, and replacing the power supply in the old computer and the thought of all that exhausts me. So I have been avoiding the computer. I think I will do it Wednesday.

I also met my friends Heather and Erica at the Portland Saturday market for some girl time, which was nice, and much-needed. We found a lady that makes wrap skirts from old jeans and trousers, and I think I am going to try to copy her. You know, in my spare time. We had delicious Greek food at Alexis. Erica and I ordered the combination plate which was mighty tasty, even the dish that looked like buttholes. I have photos, but they might have to wait until Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. glad you're back.
    Obviously you should get the 'new' computer - that is just the way it works. Your dad passes to you, you pass to M, M passes to the dog?

    ReplyDelete