Monday, March 1, 2010

Things I learned this week- In like a lion edition


Oh, last week. You flew by so fast...

The last two weeks of February and the first tow weeks of March are always hectic at my house due to (trying to make this un-googleable) G1rl sc0ut c00k1es.

I know they are delicious, I love to eat them, but I have to admit I have a love/hate relationship with them. Here is why, and here is what the public needs to know about them: the snacks you see for sale outside the grocery store aren't on consignment from the baker or even the council- they are property of the troop, who is selling them at a 40 cent per box mark-up. Which means that a troop has to estimate how many boxes they can sell at a location on a given day. If they under-estimate, they run out of product. If they over-estimate and are left with product in March, the troop has effectively bought the leftovers with their 40 cents per box profit. So it takes nine sold boxes to buy one unsold box.
So please, buy lots of shirl spout snookies, and buy the weird varieties that no one likes.

Here's what I learned.

I learned that I enjoy watching hockey on TV. I already knew that I liked seeing it live...my husband likes to tell the story about how security had to ask me to stop pounding on the glass at a Winterhawks game.... The US vs Canada game was really great, lots of fighting, and ended perfectly.

I learned that wine comes in juice boxes, at Target or World Market. This is according to a facebook comment, I haven't actually seen the evidence. But I will.

I learned to stay the hell away from Trader Joe's the weekend after their grand opening. The shelves are bare and there are people everywhere who don't know where anything is.

I learned that the itchy, burny feeling on my hips (ohgodicantbelieveiamgoingtoadmitthis) and ass is the feeling of skin stretching. I can actually feel myself getting fatter. Time to put the fork down, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying a whole tube of shortbread as we speak. I am really going to need some exercise by the time I get released to pt.

    ReplyDelete