Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ptomaine Wednesday- Milk Bone edition

Last week I roasted a chicken and I am kinda proud of how far I stretched that bird. We ate roast chicken one night and had chicken casserole the next. The next day I boiled the meat off the bones and those small pieces are in the freezer and I will use them to make chicken salad sandwiches. I got four jars of stock- two 8 ounce jars and two quart jars. With the fat that I skimmed off the stock, I made dog treats for Tina using this recipe, which I have used before. Previously, I have used bacon grease as called for, but this time I didn't have any so I used chicken fat instead. The treats turned out really well, Tina thinks they are better than usual. They smelled great as they were baking, and Madison even tried one and gave them her seal of approval.

2 comments:

  1. Martha would be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must've been one hell of a chicken. I didn't know there was meat for days on one.

    ReplyDelete