Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday- bald kids edition

On Monday or Tuesday, one of my friends posted a link on his facebook page to a fundraising website for the St. Baldrick's foundation, a private foundation that funds research grants for childhood cancers. Since I have a neice who is currently alive thanks to clinical trials and research medications, my interest was piqued.

So today I donated twenty bucks to his kid's cause. He is trying to raise 1000 dollars for the foundation, and he will shave his head on the 17th as a show of solidarity with the kids who lose their hair during chemo.

St. Baldrick's

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one. Did you check it out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I took the website at its word because it was not cynical Saturday.

    ReplyDelete