Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Ptomaine Wednesday: Strudel edition

On Sunday, I cooked a rather tasty ham from Trader Joe's. It was an uncured glazed ham, and it was delicious. This morning I typed "Leftover ham recipe" into my google bar and this recipe for ham strudel is what I came up with.

This was the first time I have ever used phyllo dough. It was easy to work with, flaky and tasty as promised.

The strudel turned out really good. My husband insited on calling it fricasse and/ or strussel.

I took a picture, but I am still having difficulties getting the photos out of the camera and onto the computer. It looks just like the photo in the recipe.

1 comment:

  1. looks good. Don't you just love phyllo? Fill it with leftovers, brush it with butter and it looks like you slaved for hours.

    ReplyDelete