Thursday, April 15, 2010

a thoughtful tip


This may well be one of those things that I discovered late in life, only to learn later that everyone else already knew about it, but: BUY BODY GLIDE.

I have a new pair of shoes, and they may be the finest shoes I have ever owned. They are all leather, even the sole. They are just pretty basic black sandals with a kitten heel. I plan on wearing them all weekend.
I wore them to work today to see if I would get blisters, and I indeed did begin to feel the sides of feet begin to sting where the strap rubbed. So I googled, and I learned about Body Glide, which has the most convincing Amazon reviews I have ever seen for a single product, including the three wolf shirt. Google also suggested vaseline, but there is no way I am going to get these new shoes all goopy.
So I called my local sporting goods store and got to ask if they had Body Glide, which was fun. The guy knew what I was talking about, thank goodness. An hour and 8 bucks later I walked out ready to lube my feet.
I applied it to my feet and went for a little stroll once it had dried. Amazingly, the tingle was gone. The shoes weren't stained at all.
Hooray for Body Glide!

2 comments:

  1. You may also find it useful in avoiding chafing during our 10k. You'd be surprised at what rubs together. Ah, the joys of running! Missing toenails, raw armpits, bleeding nipples.
    -----Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bleeding nipples? Holy smokes.

    Body glide is indeed awesome stuff. I used it during the half marathon, but neglected using it on the butt cheeks. That's my helpful tip of the day -- apply to lower crack.

    ReplyDelete