Saturday, February 13, 2010

Photo Friday- Radiothon edition

On Friday, I answered phones at the KRKT St Jude radiothon. The little girl in the photo above is Gracie, who lives in Albany, in my neighborhood. She shared her St Jude story on the radio and took over the radio station for a couple days. She's a bundle of energy and a terrific kid. Her big brother called in a pledge, and he asked if he could speak to her. She picked up, listened, and said "I love you, too."

I assumed that he was an adult who lives out of town, but I was wrong. He's in high school, and he lives with Gracie, and he called just to say he loved her.

We raised just under $78,000.00, about $20,000.00 less than last year, which was $35,000.00 less than the year before that. I hope this economy turns around so that people can give again.

No comments:

Post a Comment