Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fat Tuesday- my sedentary life


I haven't used the wiiFit much this week. Last Wednesday, while I was doing 30 minutes of strength exercises, which I HATE, I felt a painful pop in my left knee. The pain quickly subsided and I was able to bear weight, so I continued for another three or four minutes until I had to flex my knee and I had the same painful sensation. I began to suspect a meniscus tear so I stopped and I have been taking it easy, and my knee has been fine ever since. On Friday, the risers that I ordered arrived, and I am anxious to use them. I think I will try tomorrow.
I have been making some of Rachael's "lighter" menus from the back of the book, and while they aren't as delicious, I feel lighter this week than last. Of course, that could be because I haven't weighed myself.
At Science Bowl, Madison was given a pedometer in her gift bag. She agreed to let me use it, so I strapped it on on Sunday while I checked coats at the square dance festival. That day, I took about 4500 steps.
I wore it to work on Monday, and I checked it in the early afternoon. I had taken about 200 steps. Two hundred. I thought it may have been malfunctioning, but it wasn't. The fact is that on the days that I go to the office, the most exercise I get is walking s from my desk to the fridge in the breakroom. The total for the day was a little over 600 steps. I hadn't realized how sedentary I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment