Monday, February 8, 2010

My top 8 Superbowl commercials

I took a couple days off. I'm back now. I was just too tired to sit in front of the computer for 15 minutes.

I will admit that I was rooting for the Colts to win the Super Bowl because I am fascinated by Peyton Manning. Did you know that he is practically an idiot savant? He need polaroids of his clothing to pick outfits, he was once mystified by a can opener, and his girlfriend, in Tennessee, had to call a Chinese food restaturant in a city he was playing in to order takeout for him. So you see, in the game of life, Peyton is an underdog. Guess what else? He licks his fingers all the time, not just on the field.

So the game was a bit of a disappointment, but not too bad. I am happy for the city of New Orleans. Of course, my favorite part was the commercials. Here are my top eight.

8. Joe Montana for Skechers ShapeUps. Only makes the top 8 because I remember it. I remember thinking, "Really? Is this one of those so-bad-it's good commercials? " I guess it was.

7. The Boost Mobile Shuffle. I gave this a "sorta funny" until Jim McMahon scooted out on His Free Rascal- that alone was enough for an immediate upgrade to darned funny.

6. The very sweet Google commercial. Was this Google's first commercial ever? I googled... it was.

5. The Doritos commercial with the dog in the shock collar.

4. The Doritos commercial with the protective little kid.

3. The e*Trade commercial with the milkaholic reference.

2. The Snickers commercial with Betty White and Abe Vigoda. Betty White is just all kinds of wonderful. She's a treasure.

1. The Worst Super Bowl Party Ever. I love David Letterman almost as much as I love Oprah. Stuff like this is why.

No comments:

Post a Comment