Monday, February 22, 2010

Things I learned this week- Mardi Gras edition

Last week sure was busy. I did a lot, and I learned a few things. Here are some of them.

*I learned that February 13 is Mistress' Day, but I think that's all wrong. I read an article on the internet about how the day before Valentine's day is the day when mistresses get taken out to dinner and romanced, because cheating bastards have to pretend to love their wives on Valentine's Day, which makes them unavailable to the other women on the 14th. But.
I asked Spencer to take me to dinner on the 13th because I thought the restaurants would be crowded on the 14th. So we went to Carino's, and I started looking around for mistresses.
All I have to say is that if the women in that restaurant, myself included, were examples of the kind of women that men stray for, we've got problems, and I am glad we didn't go out on the 14th to see the wretched wives.

* I learned that my kid has grown in the past 6 months, which surprised me. I thought she had plateaued. I think it was a half inch. In June we are going to the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, where she will be part of a Turner Syndrome study. I bet I will learn a lot that week.

No comments:

Post a Comment