Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Eight Olympians I've got my eye on



8. Johnny Weir- I know he isn't going to get on the podium, but I love to watch him be fabulous. I thank him for acknowledging the overwhelming gayness of mens figure skating.

7. Bode Miller- I loved him 4 years ago for not giving a shit. I am rooting for him this year even though I think he gives a little tiny shit now.

6. Lindsey Jacobellis- Even though I know that she didn't get a medal, if I had written this on Monday when I was supposed to I still would have held out hope. She's so darn cute and likeable.

5. Quatchi- My husband brought this home from Canada for my daughter last year. It's Quatchi, the official Vancouver Olympics mascot. I've had my eyes peeled for him at the games, but like the real sasquatch, he has proved elusive. Or maybe we have the only one.

4. ski cross(er) Errol Kerr, Jamaica's sole Olympian. I wonder if he will be on primetime TV. I would check nbcolympics.com, but I have to obstain because I just checked over there a minute ago for something else and there was a result from tonight's telecast right there on the front page! bastards. At least it wasn't anything I care about.

3. Shaun White. I am actually rooting against him, now that I know that he owns his own halfpipe on a mountain in Colorado. Seems non-Olympian.

2. Okay, not an olympian, but a gripe: The games are being held in my time zone, and I can't watch them live.

1. Louie Vito. He rides tonight, and I will have my fingers crossed. He's five feet of pure charisma and charm.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Shaun White was fun in 2006 - Shaun White in 2010 is just downright commercial. Although, owning your own halfpipe that your endorsers will fly you up to in their logo'd helicopter is pretty awesome. But yes, it does put a different spin on spirit of competition (pun not intended).

    And that Jacobellis chick - how the hell does she even get to the Olympics? I mean she must be awesome as hell to even get there, but she screws up during the big moments that matter... Poor girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. +1 on #2
    Hell, on all of 'em.

    ReplyDelete