Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday- pensive Thursday edition

On Thursday, I had an opportunity to pay a sincere compliment to a stranger, but I didn't, because I didn't think it was appropriate.
A representative from a medical supply company brought lunch in for the doctor and the nurse and me. I had been trading emails with this guy for a while trying to get a lunch set up, and he seemed like a nice enough guy. When he showed up, he was not as good looking as most pharmaceutical sales representatives are, but he was clean and well groomed and nicely dressed.
And he smelled like Heaven.
I wanted to tell him that he smelled good and asked him how he achieved his pleasant aroma so that my husband could duplicate it, but then I thought I ought not.
Because even though I wasn't the least bit attracted to this guy, I think that telling someone they smell nice is the same as saying "I think you're hot."
I have also learned that if a guy is troubled enough, saying "Good morning" to him sounds the same to him as "I am really into you." But that's another story- the long story of why I don't talk to strange men at all.

So on Thursday, I wasn't thoughtful (I made up for it on Friday), but I did a lot of thinking.

1 comment:

  1. Your reasons are on target. Smelled Good...haha

    ReplyDelete