Monday, April 27, 2009

8 things I love about my husband


This week, my husband and I will celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary. Which day we celebrate depends on who you ask: He thinks our anniversary is tomorrow, but I am pretty sure that our anniversary is the 29th, which is Wednesday. I wasn't 100% sure, however, until I googled a 1995 calendar to see if the 29th of April (Wednesday this year) was a Saturday in 1995... which it was.

In honor of our anniversary, here are 8 things I love about my husband.

1. He is a terrible dancer. For the first few years we were dating and then married, I secretly wished that he would dance with me more often. I love to dance, although I have no particular talent for it. I can count the number of times we have danced together in public on my thumb. He doesn't dance because he is terrible at it, and he has no rhythm. This used to concern me, until I thought about it this way: Do I really want to be married to the kind of guy that is a good dancer? The kind of guy that enjoys shaking his groove thing? The answer is NO.

2. He never tells me "no". And I don't tell him "no", either. We have an understanding that when it comes to decision making, we each have veto power, and neither of us may use it. It's a good thing we don't disgaree often.

3. He can be quiet. We can go on long road trips without talking, and that's fine with both of us. Neither of us has a need for chit chat.

4. He is a terrific father. He knows what grades Madison is getting in all of her classes, what she likes and dislikes, and who her friends are. It's hard to say who her primary caregiver is... we all do it together. She's really lucky to have such a great dad.

5. He tolerates my quirks. I imagine I might not be the easiest person to hang out with year after year. I am prone to fits of whimsy, and you already know about my dabbling. He is very patient with me, and most of the time, supportive.

6. We have a secret handshake.

7.
He can lift many heavy things. And he sorta likes to, in a caveman sort of way.

8. He's really cute. His hazel eyes still catch me off guard every once in a while.

Now, of course, there are lots of other things that I love about my husband. These are the eight that I could think of in an hour or so that were fit to share.

2 comments:

  1. This was a good post. I'm glad you still like him after all these years. :)

    Kick-ass banner...good job getting it up there. What's your secret, sensei?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the banner is going to get a post all to itself. Or, it might have to share with the green sweater. But in any case, here's hoe I did it:
    When I uploaded the pretty template, I made a backup of the old one (this one).

    I just uploaded the old template, and *poof* there was the banner!

    ReplyDelete