Saturday, April 11, 2009

Derby Day

Today was the Pinewood Derby for Albany's Girl Scouts. 53 girls and their families spent the past week or so sawing, sanding, priming, painting, stickering, gluing and/or blinging their pine blocks into lean, mean downhill machines.
It was a close race this year. A pink flowery rectangle took home the grand prize. There was an orca, a pencil, a school bus, a box of Girl Scout cookies, an English trolley and an ice cream truck, along with dragsters in every possible shade of pink.
Madison's car, which is in the top right hand corner of the photo, was "waves", driven by a mermaid. The mermaid drove very safely and cautiously. Madison was hoping for the "Safe Driver" award (last place), but she didn't get it- she ended up somewhere in the bottom quarter, I imagine.

You may also notice some changes here at CBL. If you haven't noticed, you need to wake up and pay attention. I am still adjusting and tweaking... try to bear with me.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the layout! I want to copy it. I love graphic images like that and this color of blue.

    Way to go Madison - there's nothing wrong with being a safe driver...55 stay alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the layout, too... but there are some "kinks" that I think I have decided to live with- links that go nowhere and I wish I could change the title font. Oh well. I got it at
    http://btemplates.com/2008/09/18/1257/

    ReplyDelete