Sunday, April 12, 2009

Things I have learned this week


I spent the day with my daughter and Julie Andrews today. We watched Mary Poppins twice, and the Sound of Music once. These old movies make me want to wear skirts and blouses with smart wool coats and gloves. They make me want to watch my language, but never bite my tongue. I think the world needs more Julie Andrews, so I am doing my part.

It's been an incredibly busy week, here are some things I have learned:

* Zales sucks.

* There is such a thing as Easter Trees. I guess I have been oblivious for a while to the latest trends in Easter decor. My Girl Scout troop received a donation of Easter Tree ornaments, so we had to make trees to hang them on. They turned out cute. According to the internet, Easter Trees aren't a recent Target invention- they have been a Scandinavian tradition for many years. Who knew?

* I learned how to import a blogger template. I am mostly happy with it.

* And here's an idea I had, not really something I learned: I think Easter should rotate dates through the year. My daughter, who is a pain in the butt to get out of bed 363 days a year, pops right out on Easter and Christmas to see if anybody left her anything. What if she never knew when to expect baskets or gifts? Every day would hold the possibility of something exciting. Perhaps I just need to show her that the possibility already exists every day.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you could show her that just waking up is a gift...but...it's SUPER awesome if there's a basket to greet you every morning!

    Good info on the Easter trees. Not invented by Target? Whoodathunkit?

    ReplyDelete