Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I only occasionally wish for more children.

This is Madison in the tent her grandpa bought her for her birthday, which is coming up on Sunday. She is going to use it on our family camping trip next week, and then at Girl Scout camp the week after that. Tonight, we are breaking it in in the back yard. If she had brothers or sisters, I could tell the kids to have a good time sleeping in the yard- but since she doesn't, her father and I get the pleasure of accompanying her.

I remember my first tent. I had to have it for some camp. It was a two man pup tent, green. It looked like a rectangle from the side and a triangle from the front. I remember going with my mom to the store to buy it... maybe it was Chubby and Tubby's?... and we had to stop at her friends' house before we went home. I was so excited about the tent, I am sure I pestered her like mad, because she let me put it up in their back yard.

I've always liked sleeping in tents. I like that they are very warm during the day. I like the way our faces look when lit by the sun through the bright fabric. I think we're going to have fun tonight. I hope the tree removers don't come too early, and I hope the dogs don't pee on us. Madison has a nice rain fly on her tent to protect us from crawfish and snakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment