Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Macramania




I am planning a camping trip at the end of the month. We are going to Central Oregon, and I will visit Crater Lake for the first time. We will be gone for a week. I typically take a craft project with me when we go camping. In the past, I have knit washcloths and crocheted tote bags and soap savers. This year, I am almost more excited from my craft project than camping. I am going to macrame a chair, maybe two!

It all started when I decided that I need another sturdy chair. Macrame chairs are difficult to locate... none on craigslist, or ebay. I thought about a nylon-webbed aluminum chair in my garage, and wondered how difficult it would be to macrame it. And here is where the internet fell short.

There are precious few instructions on the internet for macrame chairs. In fact, there isn't a lot of macrame instruction in cyberspace, period. I found one set of instructions at kingskountry.com, and I know the chair will turn out right because substituting "k" for "c" is a well-known way that businesses can tell their customers "We know what's up."

My plan is to take pictures of the process and make a tutorial, and start an awesome macrame chair sensation that will sweep the nation. Then, I'll change my blog name to Krazy Blog Lady.

3 comments:

  1. how diffikult kan it be?
    I bet your khairs will be every bit as kute as dukt tape klothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hell yes - using a k is way more kewl than a c. C is for chumps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How'd that macrame chair turn out? Let's see the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete