Sunday, June 21, 2009

Things I learned this week

That's big, dirty Gus, who is getting ready to shed. I guess this is his "before" picture.

Here is what I learned this week:

* I saw how manufactured homes are made, and it was fascinating.

* I learned that I have a cousin in Australia.

* I learned how to tell the difference between a native fish and a hatchery fish. Actually, I already knew that hatchery fish had a "clipped" adipose fin... but I thought that meant that the fin had a notch taken out of it. When they say "clipped", they mean "amputated."

* I learned that the streets in Nacogdoches, Texas are still paved with the original bricks from long ago. Cool!

* I learned that Crater Lake gets almost 50 feet of snow per year!

* I learned how to make a pretty cool watchband.

huh, I guess that's about all I learned.

1 comment:

  1. Huh. I'm liking that watchband. Jason has a giant roll of that cord (he calls 550 cord) that the army gave him upon discharge. They're so nice.

    ReplyDelete