Sunday, June 28, 2009

Things I learned this week


Today is Madison's birthday, she is 12. Yesterday, we went to a coffee shop because the tea house we had planned on going to did not open at 10 when they said they would. It all worked out for the best, Madison was delighted with the coffee house and the sofas. Here is what I learned this week:

*I learned that celebrities really DO die in threes. Or fours, or fives. Maybe with Billy Mays' death today we are on the second death of the second three, if David Carradine was the first of the first three- David Carradine, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett/ Michael Jackson, Billy Mays- Patrick Swayze? Walter Cronkite?

* I learned how to play "Farkle" on facebook. (Thanks, kinda, Megan) And at the toy store, I found six dice in a can called "Farkel" with a "Farkel" score pad. I wonder who is infringing on who's copyright?

* I learned that not everyone appreciates Haiku.

3 comments:

  1. Happy 12th Birthday, Madison...

    Farkle is a disease I've decided.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great weekend. My feet would be sore, too, except I got the great shoes.
    grandma

    ReplyDelete