Wednesday, June 3, 2009



mindbump suggested by Victorian Furnishings

"How have your writing skills changed since you started blogging?"


Well, Victorian Furnishings, it's funny you should ask. I was asking myself the same question in the shower just the other day.
I don't think they have improved much. When I started this project 2 months ago, I guess I figured that by now I would be able to sit down at the computer, think of something important to share with the world, bang on the keyboard for 10 or 20 minutes, publish and go on with my day. How wrong I was.

What I have learned is that blogging is different then writing. A good blog has more quantity than quality. Bloggers don't have time for a bunch of re-writes and edits. They need to move onto the next thing. Finding good content on a blog is like finding the proverbial diamond in the rough.

Writing, on the other hand, I have discovered, is a craft. For instance- a writer would make that sentence: On the other hand, I have discovered that writing is a craft.
I think I would like to take a writing class.

No comments:

Post a Comment