Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Apache!



Here I sit with less than five hours left in this day, and I still have not thought of anything funny, important, profound, or pot-related to post.

I did my usual search of CNN, my local paper, listened to the radio, and FARK. Nothing.
I did find a link to this video on FARK, which is hilarious. It's a real music video from the early 70s, and there isn't anything I can say about it that it doesn't say for itself. But it did bring a few things to mind.

I was momentarily surprised that the bikini girls didn't have implants. I've been conditioned to expect ginormous knockers, I guess.

Also, what happened to the jumpsuit? Pants attached to a shirt was a terrific idea! One garment... no worries about matching your top to your bottom. I always wondered why it was called a "jumpsuit"... was it because you could "jump" into it? Or when you wore it, you wanted to jump? I know that in the 70s, I had more than my fair share of jumpsuits. And pinafores.

2 comments:

  1. And coulots with velour turtlenecks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, I think you are remembering the '80's. In the '70's, you would have been wearing onesies and pinafores, although I guess onesies count as jumpsuits.

    ReplyDelete