Monday, December 7, 2009

8 things I learned this week (?)

Okay, so I didn't blog yesterday, I was at my mom's house. The three of us went to the Little Ballet Theater production of the Nutcracker in Astoria, which is a mostly-annual tradition. This particular production is at its core a glorified recital, but they so bring in two professional dancers each year to dance the principal roles.
Here are 8 things about my weekend:

* Washington DOT is using a new deicer on the roads that they manufacture themselves from a saltwater by-product delivered to them from Darigold. When applied to the road, it looks like frost.

* The prima ballerina in the aforementioned production was 14 years old. Fourteen! She travels the world, dancing.

* We usually go to tea before the nutcracker, but we have never been to the same tea house twice because they keep going out of business. This year, we had a tea party at my mom's, and the scones were more delicious than at any tea shop. By far.

* My daughter is old enough to notice the bulge in the man-dancers' tights.

* We had delicious razor clams and oysters for dinner. Maybe it is because I didn't have to clean them, but those clams were extra-tasty.

*I thought it would be sweet to sleep in the same bed with my little girl, just like when she was a sweet baby. I was wuh-rong. My child slept on top of the covers, with her head at my butt.

* I drove to Naselle with a Christmas tree strapped to the roof of my station wagon, just like Clark Griswold. This was Saturday, in 40 mph winds. I was scared the whole way that the tree was going to fly off of there... but it didn't.

* Apparently, Christmas is optional, and my stepdad has opted out this year.

3 comments:

  1. Every Christmas needs a little Scrooge, and we have our very own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man-dancer - that's so funny.

    As far as your christmas tree - you must have done one hell of a tie-down job. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't tell my Dad that he can opt out; we'll never see him in Dec. again. Maybe I should send him the road to hang out with Ike. They can humbug together!

    ReplyDelete