Friday, December 4, 2009

The most delicious wedding ring ever.

That is my wedding ring. See the big, fat ugly prongs holding the center stone in place? They are there because that stone once fell out. I found the stone on my floor, and took it to a jeweler and asked him to strap it down good. My ring is often catching on things. It is bent and misshapen, and today, a small stone at the top of the ring came loose from its setting, which is the gold "o" on the right.
I noticed the stone was gone at about 3:00. I tried to remember if I had caught the ring on anything today. No, not really. I have been exceptionally sedentary today. I mostly sat and crocheted a Santa hat for Madison to wear in a Christmas parade tomorrow (which I had intended to blog about today...I'll save it for tomorrow).
I really only got up to make a sandwich, which, thinking back, had what I thought was an odd grain of sand in it...but I ate it anyway. I ate a diamond.
The diamond that I ate is very small, I can't imagine it would cost too much to get a replacement. However, I have two rings with small diamonds from my husband's grandmother, and we have decided to have the jeweler cannibalize them for a replacement.
The whole situation brings up a question: How large would a stone have to be before it is reasonable to sift poo?

3 comments:

  1. Oh man - that is really friggin funny. How many people can really say they eat diamonds for lunch?

    I think you should begin the sift. Would you really just want to flush that portion of your proudly worn wedding ring down the toilet? Besides, the progress will be great blogging material...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men are not used to wearing rings or jewelry for that matter so the thought of wearing a wedding ring scares them. For some men it is uncomfortable and other men are concerned the ring may look girly or not masculine enough. Vintage Wedding Rings

    ReplyDelete
  3. sift away, poo girl!

    although, seriously, I think there is something very sweet about incorporating diamonds from his grandmother's ring.

    ReplyDelete