Sunday, December 20, 2009

Things I learned this week- Birthday Edition

Today I turn 37 years old, which seems a lot older than 36. I still feel 23. Here is what I learned this week:
(Once again, many of the interesting things I learned this week are tidbits that I cannot share until after Christmas. And, of course, by then, I will have forgotten them.)

* I leaned that sometimes, embalming involves removing internal organs, soaking them in formaldehyde (or whatever) and then returning them to the abdomen in a thick plastic bag before the abdomen is closed. This reminds me of a bag of gizzards, and I say no thanks. (just to the plastic bag.)

* I made eight of something. I used the same pattern for all eight items, and the same fabric. The items are remarkably dissimilar. So, I learned that I could not work in a production setting. My quality varies.

* I learned that I can catch up all the work I have put off (at work) in a year if I apply myself and work hard, no interneting or anything, for 7 and a half hours.

And I did not start the bread today, I will start it tomorrow. I had to buy flour. When I got home from the store to put the flour away, there was a brand-new, unopened 15 pound bag in the pantry. Things like that are not uncommon in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment