Saturday, December 19, 2009

Our daily bread


For the past few weeks, I have been preoccupied, trying to figure out what to feed my brother in law and his three kids when they come for a week, beginning Monday. Since we don't spend a lot of time at home, I need foods that are easy to prepare. Quantity is important.
I am so happy that I found this recipe for no-knead artisan bread from Mother Earth News. The recipe is special because you prepare enough dough for 8 loaves at once, and store it in the fridge. Each day you want bread, you remove a portion of the dough and bake it.
I am going to give it a try, I'll let you know how it turns out.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how it turns out. If the bread is as good as the recipe sounds, it won't last 5 days. I can already smell it.

    If you don't have a baking stone, you could use unglazed quarry tiles (everyone has a box of those sitting around, don't they?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took the time to print that article (while at work, of course) but never did make the bread. Let me know how it turns out!
    -------Erica

    ReplyDelete