Monday, December 28, 2009

Eight Things I will remember about 2009


Every blog and magazine and newspaper column has to have year-end best-of or worst-of list, right? Well, I am not one to limit myself, I'm just going to do a eight-of. That's how I roll.

* Balloon Boy- One afternoon while sitting at work, this kid captivated me. Or rather, the idea that there may be a small boy in a box attached to a mylar balloon, floating away from Denver captivated me.

* My first, but hopefully not last, novel. Hoo boy, it's a stinker- but I will never forget it.

* facebook- 2009 was the year I joined facebook. I'm glad I did, I reconnected with a lot of friends and family.

* Spring Training- I had a really nice time in Phoenix with my dad and Grandma. I'd like to go again next year, but it might turn out to be a 2011 thing.

*Hope and Change- I remember how excited I was for the new president back in January and February. I didn't cry at the inauguration like I cried at Hillary's speech at the convention, but I still had high hopes. Back then I did anyway. I would be happier with a lot less war and a lot more socialized medicine.


* 2009 was the year that Michael Jackson redeemed himself in death. Funny how no one blamed Joe Jackson for Michael's uh, issues, until Michael died. Out loud, anyway.

* 2009 is the year I gained weight, or, if I want to put a positive spin on it, the year I got all new clothes. I am hoping that 2010 will be the year I lose weight. I'll be re-reading "YOU! on a diet" and hitting the WiiFit daily.

* I will remember 2009 as the year of my blog. I've got three more months left on my contract. Then, I will assess the probability of keeping it up if I don't post daily vs. poor quality. I'm pretty sure I will keep blogging- it's become a habit now.

1 comment: