Wednesday, August 12, 2009

An empty belly is the best cook. ~Estonian Proverb


The problem with blogging every day is that some days are just not as exciting as others. I try to write about things that have my attention or pique my interest... and today, that's another blog.
I stumbled across Poor Girl Eats Well today when I googled "quinoa breakfast recipe". Kimberly is a single gal living in Calfironia, who shares her recipes and shopping lists.

I wanted to try every recipe she posted, which is unusual. Usually, I will pick out only one or two of a collection of recipes and discard the others as too fattening, too Mormon potluck, too much work or too expensive. Then, I have to discount all the seafood recipes as my husband does not enjoy meat if it didn't have feet. Her photos are nice, too.

So that's what was on my mind today. I ended up making up my own breakfast recipe, inspired by PGEW.

Quinoa with Cinnamon and Pears

1.5 C warm quinoa
1 T butter
about 2t cinnamon and sugar (I keep the two mixed together in a spice shaker jar)
4 canned pear halves, drained and chunked.

mix butter and warm quinoa. sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. mix in pear chunks.

You're welcome!

3 comments: