Sunday, August 23, 2009

Things I learned this week




Well, I did it. The computer room is somewhat tidy- right now, my keyboard has an echo. Now that it is better, but not perfect, I have a whole new list of wants. Besides my obvious need for a new window treatment in here, I want a new computer desk, and a little sofa and a credenza- not the captain's bed we have now.
I guess I learned I'll never be satisfied. Here's what else I learned:

* I learned that there is a name for obnoxious authoring, when the author gets in the way of the story with flowery prose and arcane vocabulary- purple prose. I may have already heard this once, but if I did, I forgot it. Purple prose makes me drop a novel as if it had been contaminated with anthrax spores. Oh, wait....


*I learned that there is a Vermont secessionist movement. Let them go, I say. What good do the rest of us get from Vermont, anyway? We can get all the New England charm and uppity-ness we need from Connecticut.


And here are some "befores."
They may soon be "deleted."

2 comments:

  1. Love the room!

    Does Connecticut have maple syrup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA! I see Remy's bouncy vid on your computer monitor there!

    The room looks awesome! I love getting things like that accomplished. It's such a good feeling that I accomplish things like this infrequently - that way it feels like the first time, every time.

    Who am I kidding? I'm just messy.

    ReplyDelete