Sunday, August 30, 2009

Things I learned this week

I believe that for the first time since I started blogging this year-so, April, I did not take any photographs this week. So I borrowed a LOLcat that I haven't seen before... and he makes me smile a little. Here's what I learned:

*I learned about an essay contest for Real Simple magazine. I just may enter it. I like having a reason to write. Unfortunately, if I do enter an essay, I can't publish it here until after I lose the contest.

* I learned that when my daughter goes to visit grandma, the first day is nice. I can have the house to myself, and watch what I want on TV or use the computer as I wish, or nap without interruption. The second day goes by pretty slow, as I am constantly wondering what she's doing. The third day, and any days thereafter, are pretty much no good.

* I learned about boomwhackers (link goes to youtube video) which are tuned plastic tubes that you bonk on stuff to produce music. I know, percussion is nothing new... but when you use bright colors and fun names, it feels new.

* I learned that I can't depend on the alarm on my blackberry, which is unfortunate, because I love it. For the past two mornings, the alarm has worked- silently. It's not a problem with my settings, and I didn't add any weird apps. A google search for "blackberry alarm no sound" reveals that it is not an uncommon problem, and there isn't an easy fix. Damn.
Waking up isn't so bad when it is to soft Chinese gongs.

2 comments:

  1. Did you try resetting the phone by removing the battery and replacing it? Sometimes this fixes my Blackberry ailments...

    I liked your LOLcat. I'm sure it's from an asian photographer too - they have a fascination with pet pictures, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. madison - go to where you got the lolcat and search "can i haz cheezburger" the cats are hillarious

    ReplyDelete