Friday, August 28, 2009

I read the news today, oh boy.

That's right, nothing but Bad News. Even the good news is bad news today- great news, we found Jaycee! Bad news... about the past 18 years....
The top sports story is about Michael Vick.
Entertainment? Dj AM, who cheated death last year in a fiery plane crash, died today in his apartment with a crack pipe nearby.
Even the weather forecast sucks.

So for tomorrow, I'm making up my own news. Here are my improved headlines.

President Oprah's free pony emotional stimulus program is expected to be as popular as yesterday's go-kart giveaway.

Genius classified ad salesperson matches "lost" to "found"- puppies and children safe and happy.

Veteran cop honored for 25 years of good judgment and compassion.

10 day forecast: mostly sunny, 85.

Libraries report increased activity as cable companies announce less-than-expected revenue.

Global Cooling: Have we done enough?

Since discovering cure for cancer, scientist keeps busy working on weight- loss pill.


1 comment:

  1. I like your headlines better.

    I am ready to wipe August off the calendar. It seems nothing good happens in August, especially in my life lately.

    President Oprah - thanks for the giggle at that one. Although, I'm not ruling it out.

    ReplyDelete