Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My (somewhat embarrassing) happy place




mindbump suggested by Life in Eureka Springs

"Describe your "happy place". What are the thoughts that help you escape from a stressful situation and calm you?"

Occasionally, when thoughts of all the things I need to do, but haven't, prevent me from sleeping, I go to my Happy Place.

My Happy Place is at my parent's house on a hot day. I'm reclining in a comfortable chair, and all the people I love are around me. We're having a picnic, the food is delicious and the beer is cold. I may also be smoking magic cigarettes that aren't addictive and won't kill me.
My friends Rob and Big have come, and brought their adorable bulldog, Meaty. They left Mini Horse at home,. which is just fine with me- I don't understand the mini horse love. They set up a skate park/ stage where Rob performs tricks and Big tells him to Do Work. Then, Rob gives some sort of crazy motivational speech that makes no sense, but kinda does. He's got to be the happiest man on earth, and all his happiness rubs off on me.

I've never stayed awake much past this point...

1 comment:

  1. You're right; Rob is full of endless happiness. I love his senseless sermons and his report with Big Black. Sad to see Black go.

    Do work, son! One of the best lines from that show. We also find ourselves ridin' dirty in a lot of situations too...

    ReplyDelete