Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thoughtful Thursday: Mission Accomplished!

Like last Thursday, I spent most of this morning looking, unsuccessfully, for ways to be thoughtful. I found hope on Craigslist with this ad.
This person wants pens! I can help. I work in a physician's office for Heaven's sake. I get about 15 promotional pens a month.
I found 8 pens in my desk drawer, and tested them to make sure they worked. I replied to the ad, indicating that I had 8 pens in good working order and that i would be delighted to provide them.
Well, I guess Mr. Needs-a-pen is too busy to respond to his email, I haven't heard back. Perhaps I should have mentioned that one of the pens is a highly sought after OxyContin pen.

So my first attempt at thoughtfulness was waylayed. But, lucky for me, there was a catastrohic natural disaster this week! The American Red Cross made being thoughtful almost too easy by allowing me to text my $10 donation to the Haitian relief effort. I almost didn't even have to think about it at all.
But I did, so it counts.
And tomorrow I might put my OxyContin pen on eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment