Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Help Wanted


I am over halfway done with my novel, and it is coming along okay. I sort of wrote myself into a corner a couple days ago- one of my characters made a completely unauthorized bonehead move that sort of stopped my plot in my tracks. I've got the story moving in another direction now, and I still think I will win NaNoWriMo. Here is your chance to get your name on the acknowledgment page!

*Please tell me a little bit about something you have donated to charity. Why did you give it away? Who did you think would buy it?

* Have you ever scored at the thrifter? Tell me about it.

* I think I may need to kill off a character, suddenly. Any great ways to go?

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Do garage sales count? My best all-time score was at a garage sale held by a retired merchant marine. We took home an authentic persian rug and a gold-trimmed tea pot. (His new wife was clearing out all first-wife treasures.)

    I just heard about a head-on fatality on the Astoria bridge. That was pretty sudden. Of course, you could always have some poison bug hiding in the pocket of some donated item.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I donated a good portion of my household furniture and accoutrements when I moved out of my house in Kelso into and apartment in Vancouver. I actually gave away stuff I didn't mean to. My mom says its good to purge sometimes until it hurts. I'm pretty sure she's not talking about bulemia. Anyway, who did I think would buy it? Someone looking for a deal on a giant bookshelf and a slightly musty papasan chair.
    As far as scoring at the thrifter, once I got a beaded Oleg Cassini evening gown at Goddwill for like $6. I wore it as a Halloween costume to work and won the grand prize.
    Does the sudden death need to be due to trauma or pathology? What is the age of the intended? Any risky behaviours? A pulmonary embolism is always good for sudden death in an otherwise healthy person.
    -----Erica

    ReplyDelete
  3. The character I am killing is going to rehab, so she could die on her way to or from, or in treatment, but *she must never return clean and sober*
    She's hooked on meth.
    Mom, I saw photos of that accident. Good Lord, that's awful.

    ReplyDelete