Sunday, November 22, 2009

Things I learned this week- Gus the Wander Dog edition

Well I did not make it to Newport. Spencer woke me up at 4 am to tell me that Gus was in the wind. He doesn't like thunderstorms, and he apparently busted through our gate and took off sometime last night. Curiously, Murphy stayed. I don't think they have been apart for more than the length of a bath for the past 9 or 10 years. I can see that Murphy is heartbroken, I can only imagine how Gus must be panicking.
I drove around for about 8 hours... but now, where else can I go? Now, we have to wait. Polica are called, shelters are called, signs are up, Craig has listed.
So the mostimportant thing I learned is that we need a better latch on the gate. Here is what else I learned.

* I had pad thai, not from a box. It was delicious! Better than out of the box.

* I learned that I want a Scottish Fold cat. This has nothing to do with Gus being gone. Because, holy moly those are cute cats.

* I learned that my daughter needs extensive orthodontics and surgery. Six grand for the braces and then I don't even want to guess what portion my insurance won't cover for jaw surgery. Wabi Sabi....

No comments:

Post a Comment