Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Worst. Euphemisim. Ever.

What did your mom call your rear end when you were little? Rear end? Bottom?
My Grandma Kay called it a "fanny", which always made me giggle because she had a friend named Fanny.
Some parents just call it a butt. We always thought that was crude.
I've heard "patoot" or "patooty", I think those are too cutesy.

My mother, however, had the absolute worst name for my baby bottom.
poopy.
"Sit on your poopy!" She would always yell. She never asked me politely to sit on my poopy. Sometimes, in church, she would hiss it loudly.
And so I spent the first 5 or 6 years of my life thinking that everyone called it their poopy. And boy did I get a whole bunch of kindergarten guff the first time I told some smartass kid to kiss my poopy.

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry, but maybe you should be glad you weren't a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom and her mom called all penises (penii?) 'tails'. It never made sense to me, because every living thing with a tail had them positioned in the back. So, my brother went through his toddler and youth years with her referring to it as his tail. Huh?

    ReplyDelete