Sunday, November 1, 2009

Things I learned this week- 3419 words down edition!

This week, I went on a learning spree! Here's what I learned:

*I learned that bees pee. Or at least that is what I think I learned. Perhaps a devoted CBL reader who has knowledge of such things would correct me if I am wrong. Or perhaps she won't, if it is grosser than pee.

*I learned that in Canada, you have to rent your shopping cart for a dollar, similar to the way we rent luggage carts at the airport here in the U.S.

* I learned that even if your porch light is off and you have no Jack O Lantern, children will come to your door at 9:30 on Halloween.

* I learned that those kids can't tell the difference between candy bought this year at the store and candy collected last year by my daughter.

* I learned who Madame Defarge was. There was an hour or so when I thought I would be her for Halloween.

* I learned a whole lot about the history of wool felting. It goes back to the Neanderthals! To think, men were shrinking their wives woolen sweaters in the washing machine all those years ago.

* I learned that Ikea has a terrific breakfast. Spencer's flight was delayed about an hour and a half, so Madison and I decided to kill some time at Ikea. When we got there at 9:30, the store wasn't open, but the cafe was. I ordered the Swedish panckaes and Madison ordered bacon, eggs, french toast and potatoes. Each of our breakfasts cost $1.99, and drinks were 99 cents more. Not only was our meal cheap, it was really good. The coffee was really, really good.

Today, I went to a write-in for NaNoWriMo. We met at a cafe in Corvallis, and then moved to a bookstore a couple hours later. I was worried that it would be difficult to just write with a bunch of other people around, but it was actually quite easy. The first chapter of my book just spilled out of me. I had a great day and writing was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to write more tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I really love IKEA food. I would eat there for every meal...cheap, filling and tasty.

    Felting is the shit. Did I mention it's durable?

    ReplyDelete