Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Christmas Problem

I realized a few days ago that Christmas is not far away. By the time National Novel Writing Month ends, it will be December. And December means Christmas.

I have some problems with Christmas. One of those problems is bad gifts.
I am afraid to give bad gifts. I really want everyone to really like what I give them. But I also want to give hand-made gifts, even if they aren't hand-made by me. I love Etsy for Christmas.
But what do you give a 14 year old boy? Etsy is lacking in that department. I guess cash. But giving cash seems like admitting you have absolutely no imagination.
Also, I will say it here: I get a little pissed off when I get crappy gifts. If that makes me sound like a spoiled bitch, so be it. But note I did not say inexpensive gifts.
I just wonder, dear bad gift-giver: When you were in Wal*Mart with your Christmas list, made of names in one column and amount to spend in the opposite column, what was it about the pre-boxed and wrapped snowflake-print polarfleece hat/scarf/ mitten set that made you think of me? Why not the Ex-cla-MA-t!on gift pack?

2 comments:

  1. I always wanted that perfume. Instead I got the one from a lesser retail outfit and I believe it was called Pro-cla-MA-t!on. And it smelled worse. As if that could happen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you KIDDING? because if so, ha ha ha that's funny! But if you aren't, well, that is sad and I am sorry that Christmas was ruined for you and you had to smell terrible.

    ReplyDelete