Monday, July 27, 2009

8 things I love about the oppressive heat

Triple digits today in the Willamette Valley, and I couldn't be happier.

*We have central air conditioning, so I can sleep fine at night... but that is really the only time I truly appreciate it.

* I love the pool in the backyard. The water was 82 degrees today- perfect. My daughter is happy to dive for nickels on the bottom while my husband and I float around and bump into each other.

* Skirts! I love that I can wear skirts and sandals and no nylons.

* I love that I don't have to cook much- my husband grills whatever we eat.

* I love that I can wear shorts and tank tops and not be chilly.

* I love ice cream in the evenings.

* I love being barefoot.

* I love that it is still hot outside after dark. Makes me want to skinny dip!

No comments:

Post a Comment