Sunday, July 26, 2009

Things I learned this week

My head is much better now. I was quite surprised to learn last night that the smell of cigarette smoke hurts my sinuses, and therefore my head. The smoke + grass+ heat+ beer= headache, but I took care of it with Afrin and Ibuprofen.
Bahamarama, my friend Pams' party, was terrific. There were 6 pirates, 2 belly dancers, 3 bands, 1 didgeridoo-ist (awesome), and tons of interesting people. I wished we could have stayed for the fire dancers, Madison remembered them from last time and was looking forward to them the most. Next year.

Here's what I learned this week:


* I learned that even though I *know* they are actors, or re-enactors, pirates are hot.

* I became a fan of a local singer/ songwriter with the most amazing voice. Her name is Elles. She played at the party last night. Here is a short video. Her voice is incredible.




* I fretted for a few days, because I needed a go-to potluck dish. I think I have one: marinated fresh mozzarella and tomato salad with fresh basil. It went over really well and I am going to take it to my next potluck.

* I learned that I am not immune to Twilight mania. 3 (and a half) down, 1 to go- I should be able to come up for air sometime tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I love mozarella, tomato and basil salad. I hope you are bringing it to the family reuniun.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. mozzarella, tomato and basil salad you can never go wrong with. Did you marinate with balsamic? it's not so fun to burp up the basil 2 hours later - I do have experience with that...

    Elles is great. Pirates terrify me. Grandpa Roy ruined me with the SeaFair pirates - I used to scream just knowing they were coming...

    ReplyDelete