Saturday, July 11, 2009

Myth: Confirmed


Today was a great day at my house. A Mythbusters marathon started when we got out of bed, and it is still going now, at 7:30 pm, and there hasn't been a repeat. They also aired many episodes that I either hadn't seen, or hadn't seen in a good, long while.

I think Mythbusters is one of the best shows on television. My whole family enjoys it, and we all learn from it. I often hear people remark about things they know to be true or false because they "saw it on Mythbusters."

So, since myths are on my mind today, I would like to offer my expertise in confirming a myth, or old wives' tale.

It is true that people with arthritis can feel the weather changing in their bones.

I don't know how it works exactly, I suspect it has something to do with pressure or temperature... but the day before a big storm rolls in, or a day after a heat wave begins, I get lots of calls at work from folks complaining about unexplained aching. It's not unusual for them to laugh and say "maybe it's the weather..."
It is.

I don't have any "data" or "facts" or "proof", so you are going to have to take my anecdotal word for it. Maybe Adam and Jamie can put it to the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment