Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I toot my own horn

mindbump suggested by EurekaLoop

"What would happen if you suddenly decided to take the rest of the week off of work?"



I've started to tell people that I have the easiest job in the world, but that isn't entirely true.
I've been doing my job for about 12 years, and I have become pretty good at it. I work for a surgeon who has a part-time practice. I am the receptionist, practice manager, and everything in between.

If I decided to take the rest of the week off, first of all, my boss would be surprised- I don't think I have called in sick in all those years. But, she would be okay with it, and she could get by without me for a few days... but that's about it.

In fact, there is a folder in my work computer labeled "What to do when Kaycee is gone," so that she and the nurse would know what to do with bills and checks and insurance and physical therapists and primary care physicians and attorneys who call.

I've heard the boss tell other doctors that I am indispensable. That's an awfully nice thing to hear... and it makes me want to stay on my toes and keep doing a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment