Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A mindbump for today

mindbump suggested by Home Interest

"What smells remind you of your childhood and why?"


The smell of the Rainier Brewery, which is now gone, always reminds me of when I was little and living in Seattle. The brewery sat where the West Seattle freeway met I-5, and the brewery smell meant we were close to home.

The smell of cigarettes and coffee reminds me of my grandpa George.

Alki Beach in Seattle has a smell all its own- low tide, fast food and more than a hint of marijuana. We lived there for a year or two.

When I was young, my grandma Kay had Ernie, the fartinest dog you ever met. I don't smell dog farts often, but when I do, they remind me of Ernie the dachshund.

1 comment:

  1. Fartinest - one of the best words...ever.

    Ernie was one of a kind. Remember when that fucker bit the back of my leg? Grandma just shouted "Here!" at him and hit him with the rolled up JC Penney catalog.

    ReplyDelete