Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm not packing heels.

Tomorrow, Madison and I will head to Portland to meet my mom for the Turner Syndroms Society Conference. I am excited about the conference, but also nervous.

I'm excited for Madison to meet other girls with TS. I'm excited to hear from physicians what we can expect in the future. I'm excited to talk to other parents about how they deal with shots and co-pays and tests and all the other delights of Turner Syndrome.
I consider our family very lucky, since the conference is in our backyard this year, the first conference since her diagnosis.

However, as the conference draws nearer, I am a little nervous. What if we learn about risks we didn't know about? I'm just now starting to come to terms with the first set of realities, I am sort of gun-shy about getting new information I guess.

Probably just stupid nerves. We are going to have a blast, and learn good things and meet great people. Either that, or we will spend all weekend in the hotel pool.

2 comments:

  1. It's going to be fab and informative. Madison has already shown herself to be out of the realm of a typical case of TS.

    I bet you'll have a great time and walk away feeling like you are the luckiest mom in the world.

    ReplyDelete