Tuesday, July 21, 2009




mindbump suggested by Home Interests

"If a pill could remove past fears created by certain events would you take the pill?"
Well what a coincidence, I saw a snake today and was thinking about blogging about it, but decided instead to go for a mindbump.

So the question is, would I take a pill to erase a fear caused by certain events? Hell yes! If I could take a pill so that I could enjoy snakes, I would definitely do it. The snake I saw today was a California Red Sided garter snake- I has to look it up, because I have never seen a snake with a red head before. If I didn't hate the damned thing so much, I might be able to enjoy seeing a type of animal I have never seen before.

I can't think if any reason why anyone would NOT take the pill. I think fear caused by instinct and knowledge is helpful, I guess... but irrational fears like mine? Sign me up for a trial of prescription-strength Phobex.

photo

3 comments:

  1. Was this the snake you saw? Or is this a stock photo?

    Anything red on a snake is just freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally I think that any small snake going very fast in the other direction is okay - although I would have had to carefully consider the red head. On the other hand, fearing a large white snake twisting itself around the bodies of 6 small children is NOT irrational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not the actual snake, I found this photo online, the link is above. Spencer said that the one we saw was probably just a regular garter snake, but it's head was all bloody from killing and eating something.
    Madison can't figure out why little snakes in nature bother me, but big ones in reptile shows do not. I told her I can't make a good rational argument about it, it is what it is.

    ReplyDelete