Friday, July 17, 2009

Day One: The Meltdown

We made it to the conference. The Turner Syndrome Society has done a great job with the conference agenda- for most of the conference, the girls are separate from the parents... and there is another separate track for adult women with TS. Today, Madison's group, the 11-13 year olds, toured PDX, learned a line dance, played Shipwreck, and had Jamba Juice. I attended two sessions. The first was Genetics 101, which was led by a geneticist who has TS. Not too interesting. The second session dealt with social issues that girls with TS face, and I learned a lot.
When I rejoined Madison for the 1st time convention-goers reception, she had a mini meltdown. Tears, tears, tears. I suppose I had a meltdown, too. We were both tired and cranky. Grandma calmed us down and saved the day. We ate dinner and I am currently sitting by the pool which is filled with miniature girls having the time of their lives.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, don't you love the lady meltdowns? Sometimes when it happens to me, my kids look at me like I have horns growing out of my face. Sometimes I feel like there ARE horns growing out of my face or steam coming out of my ears or my eyes popping out of my head. Thank god for cartoon illustrators; they really capture people's emotions with those graphics.

    Glad Madison is having fun with the shorties.

    ReplyDelete